Explore a favorite childhood memory. Since this is Christmastime, you could record your memory of a childhood Christmas. You could do a collage with Christmas images and write several memories of Christmas, what it meant to you growing up. Or, since Christmas always makes us feel like children again, just remember and record the fun of being a child.- What were you like as a child? What are you like now? Draw or paste in a picture of yourself as a child and one as an adult. Write around it characteristics you had at both times in your life (lists are great, see the creative challenge below).

- In what ways are you still like a child? There are good childlike qualities and bad ones. Which ones should you have grown out of by now? Which ones would you like to keep? Are any of you childish behaviors holding you back from your potential?
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Assignment: INNER CHILD
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cami,
I also did a 2006 page last night in my giant journal. I have a lady in my ward here who wants to start journaling with me and we want to start a group. Any ideas or ways on how I get started with a 2-person group? I'll try and send you an email and ask you this in case you don't get this. sharla
My own journal group pretty much started as a two person group. In fact, my friend and I often journal just for fun. Sometimes we do assignments, but sometimes we just talk at work on other pages, and then one of our subjects turns into a page. Often we write structured poems, or find a poem we like and change it to fit our topic. But the best thing to do in any size group is to start with a color warmup. Just turn on music, get some crayons, and color. See what comes out. Sometimes that helps get the creativity going. I hand out the assignments for my big group that I post on here, and people choose to do them or not, but it always helps people get their own ideas.
Post a Comment